Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Homeward Bound

 The original plan was to leave from E. Stroudsburg - it would have been a 3 1/2 hour drive. Instead, due to the quick sale of the house - for which I'm eternally grateful - it was a 91/2 hour drive. I left at 7:15 and was going to stop over, but by the time I was close enough  to stop - I was almost there. When I hit traffic in NYC I wondered if I'd made a mistake in doing the whole trip at once - it's bad at the beginning of a trip but you get through it - at the end of a 10 hour trip though it's just torture. I arrived around 5 pm and just hung out with Fred and Connie, nice to be back. Yesterday Mom and I went to visit Grandma Hendrickson, she's 94 today. I brought her roses, I know she can't see them but they smell lovely and she was in good form. She asked about the boys and David, she's gotten so tiny! After that we headed off to Dad and Maryann's their new dog is a hoot and Rhee of course is growing in leaps and bounds. Mom and I stopped at a local farm stand - you can't beat fresh produce and then I picked up some wine for a friend in WV. We ate at the Modern Snack Bar - when we visited my grandfather in Mattituck or after a bingo game that was the place to eat. Mom had her favorite fried soft shell crab, I had the egg salad which was keeping with my diet. I've been on it for 3 days and so far, so good. The new Weight Watchers Diet is much easier to follow and it seems to be keeping me on the straight and narrow. We did toy shopping for the birthday party and then back home. Last night we had a horrible thunderstorm and I woke up around 10:30 feeling a bit damp. Turning on the light revealed a very large leak centered over the bed with a big bubble forming behind it - just a little advice, don't touch the bubbly thing, just saying.... so I put the trash can on the bed and moved to the other room which was a little confusing for Janet and Diane when they arrived as I appeared to be using all the rooms. They went into our old room and everyone was settled for the  night. The skies cleared overnight and because I caught the leak when it started no harm done. I'm off to see inlaws today, then the party, Liz's tomorrow and then I'm debating my game plans for Monday as I'm considering staying overnight in Hershey to do a little sightseeing and shopping while I'm there - might as well. The month is ripping by fast of course, last week I was looking at an endless vista of time to get things done, today less than three weeks. We are having friends over in a couple of weeks and the neighbors asked David when I'm coming back so they can have us over to dinner so we'll have to have them over too.......I'm planning on making the most of my time off, can you tell?

1 comment:

Donna said...

One thing about it, you do not lead a boring life!