Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Settling In

 David and I have different styles of relaxing - I'm under a tree with my ereader or on the couch with my knitting or computer. I sort through clothes (no matter how many times I do it, I can always come up with a bag for donations), I cook things I  usually don't have time to cook, I walk, browse, snuggle the cat. David is on the phone, in the truck, up the ladder, down to the shooting range, plotting planning shopping visiting. He has been to Hunting Hills two Sundays in a row, that's the sporting clays and hunting club, conveniently located right down the road. This way you'll never be bored as you can shoot clays when the game lands, which are also conveniently located right down the road, are closed for the season. And of course he isn't going alone - our phone rang at 6:45 am this morning to see if David could come out and play, we are right back in the swing of things. I met the neighbor - her name is  Robin -today too so we've got tentative plans to get together and we are having the Bucklews over for a BBQ this weekend. Hopefully Susan can get over to the see the house too, busy! I've started letting the cats out a little - Bad Vincent heads right for the road so he gets jettisoned back in the house, Claw has not been out as much as I do worry about her. She doesn't go far but I worry about her not being able to find her way back to the house if she does wander. I continue with my diet, I am doing well so far and hopefully can keep it up - and off! In knitting news I finally have the first sleeve finished and now will be starting the second sleeve. I'd like to have it done before I go back to work but we'll have to see about that. David might go home for a few days before I go to work to see his parents and then he has to get moving too. We're very much taking advantage of the fact we can afford to take a month off - I'm sure this opportunity will never come our way again so we're trying to get the most of out it, for my part I'll just continue to drift towards August..........slowly

No comments: