Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Busy Week.

Adam and Me
Kim, Adam, David and Grace
 I have been felled by Cooties. Unrelenting, snarky cooties. I am on antibiotics, Flonase and my face runneth over with every form of mucous known to mankind. I have gone through 2 boxes of tissues I swear. And during all of this our son Adam came by to visit followed by my brother in law and his wife Kim and Grace. I wish I had more time with them - but we did manage to get out to dinner a couple of times. Adam hasn't seen his aunt and uncle  in a few years so I know they all had a good time.  I called in sick twice, once on Monday to go to the doctor and then on Thursday when I just could not get out of bed. I worked best that I could - it will still be there Monday and sneezed and coughed my way through the week.  Today I'm feeling a little better, I got out to do a little shopping and on the way home took a road I hadn't before and took some pictures. When I got home Pearl and I wandered the yard - we looked at where the garden will be and I'm trying to figure out what will be growing this year. David has to fence it in - we have super sneaky deer lurking around all over looking for a free meal - I HATE deer. A Lot.  It's not like the Poconos where you were pretty much tripping over deer - the deer here are huge wild things - but they are sneaky and need to stay in the freaking woods and out of my yard. Considering that the total population of WV is LESS than NYC that means there are a zillion acres of woods - the deer need to stay in them. Humph! As you can see the shawl is coming along fine - the next project will be socks I think. I was going to do some organizing today but the day was so nice and I've been in the house all week so I spent a lot of the day outside with Miss Pants, I read and she patrolled(her patrolling does not extend to the deer, she completely ignores them) - what a lovely day - only 17 more days!

No comments: