Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 29, 2012

In The Shrill Of The Night


My last night on call was last night - nothing happens on Thursday one would think. One would be wrong - the second issue did me in, after phone call # 5 - 6, who's counting  I finally curled up in the guest room bed, Pearl joined me as she is a sympathetic creature. I was a dragging girl this morning, a mountain of paperwork and nowhere to hide. Wal - Mart is a viable option some days. But tomorrow is Friday and I'm in the home stretch as far as the shawl goes. It's slow going however due to the fact Reuben sees it as an adversary and launches his whole 9 pounds every time he sees it. He is one of the best puppies we've ever had, but he is still a puppy. He managed to sneak into the puppy chow bag the other morning, nothing but his wagging tail visible, David ended up having to come home for lunch as he was an explosion waiting to happen. This weekend I'm planning on planting my garden and we'll see what happens.  I am more than halfway finished making the rows and I spend every morning tugging up roots and stumps. We are still on a non-shopping binge, it still takes quite a few reminders to keep going, every time I start going into a parking lot I ask myself if I really need it, do I have one already? Finding something else to do is easy - it's remembering to do something else that's hard.

No comments: