Total Pageviews

Friday, April 20, 2018

Cross My Palm With Silver

So, David managed to jinx us - he made the comment we need to start cutting back on spending, When we are mid point in flipping a house we get the point where we have more going out than coming in. David goes without a paycheck for up to five months and then gets one giant one at the end. We paid off the house we hold the mortgage on, which means we have income from that but it also ties up a very large amount of cash. We've asked that woman to please get her own mortgage but it's a no go, we will never do that again. But we have to watch our finances at this point but when you say it out loud........

I am still in the middle to all my traveling and so forth. I have the teaching gig behind me and then this weekend is the knitting retreat for Saturday and Sunday. Then Monday I take off for Philly to do my rotation for my CRRN, in June I have the test. We're planning on seeing Jackson, Brandi and the girls in July, then John retires in August.....I just live in my car at this point. I'm planning on staying overnight at the end of the week in Shippingsburg for the sole purpose of honestly, just sitting around and staring at my feet. I feel like all I do is work and run these days. Then to top it off we are having all sorts of weird things. David got pulled over for being over his inspection, one hundred bucks there. However he had to get the windshield repaired before can take it next week - ka-ching! We got a call from a collection agency that we owe Direct TV, apparently SOMEONE never sent back the equipment.......

The thing is none of this is unusual or catastrophic, I think it just feels that way when you're worrying, every expense feels likes it chipping away at your foundation. And then there's everything else - gas, food, utilities and they seem to grow every month. So we're deep breathing and trying not to overreact to everything, it will pass and I will just have to try to buy less yarn I suppose......

No comments: