Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 21, 2018

Knit.

So, the year of travel continues, this weekend is the Spring break in Ligonier - it actually started Friday night but I was too tired to move. I had plotted out my work day perfectly arriving home around 5:30 but we all know what happens when you plot things out perfectly - I believe we are all familiar with the phrase "hell in a hand basket". Sigh. So this morning found me packing, trying to find my supplies and off I went. I was the last one to arrive - of course - but it was only a couple of minutes so no big. A couple of friends are also here which makes it more fun. The focus is on sweater making which might surprise some, but my history of sweater making is very hit or miss. I have made some sweaters that fit human beings and I have made some very very awful garments. My last attempt was a baby sweater that I ended up throwing out - it would have only fit if the baby hunched up on one side and dangled the other arm. 


I have some very nice linen yarn I got somewhere awhile ago, I had started a sweater but despaired and then just frogged it. This yarn was too nice for a disaster like that. Of course then I needed a pattern to fit the yarn and that took awhile. But I had it and after emptying out a yarn bag to tote it in headed up here. Kathy from Kathy's Kreations runs the weekend and she actually writes knitting patterns which impresses the bananas out of me. We went over how to gauge which is what I really need, a lot of my problem is my normal size patterns tend to end up Incredible Hulk style. So it was good. We had a long break, Ligonier is a lovely little artsy town with boutiques but I was so tired I took an artsy nap. 

After we headed out to dinner - lots of not good things for you and a beer, my favorite type of meal. Tomorrow is half a day, then home, half a day of work and then on to the next adventure. I am going to be gone for most of the next week and then after that no more traveling.........for three weeks. Bayada Awards Weekend next!

No comments: