Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 8, 2018

Run Around You

Since the beginning of this year I feel like I never stop moving - it's been one event after another. The end of January I tell people I went back to LI for lunch which is essentially true. My father and stepmother had been working on legally adopting her granddaughter Rhiannon -and there it was. I drove to my sister in laws and us and her sister traveled to LI to be in time for the adoption. It was really wonderful and like all happy events well attended. It was ten of us, the judge, lawyers and pile of interns - and I now have a 16 year old sister, how great is that! February was a bit less traveled but still hectic. We are opening a new office which is wonderful - I'll be the closest one and my travel will be 45 minutes, half! But that also means opening new clients, signing off new staff,etc.... busy but worth the effort


In mid-March I jetted off to Florida for a long weekend, I hadn't seen my mother or stepfather for 4 - 5? years. It was short but very fun. They live in a nice over 55 community - it was a short visit but I packed a lot into it and managed to get a lobster red sunburn. We went out to dinner, to a bird sanctuary, shopping and lunch.  The pelicans were all over, such weird birds. For Easter I headed out again, this time with David in tow, protesting as usual he was too busy, I should go by myself...... just get in the car for crying out loud! Since I'd done a bunch of early visits we left early Friday afternoon so we would only have a couple of hours drive in the morning. Yes, I found a yarn shop thank you for asking. I shopped while crabby pants waited in the car then off we went. My dad, stepmother, sister and my brother also showed up so it was a very nice family meal. David as usual had a very good time and was glad he went.

Then this weekend of course the knitting festival. I've been preparing for weeks, but I've also been studying for the CCRN, working, taking care of the house, yada yada yada so when I set off yesterday it was more stressful than anything. But the classes went well and then I went out to dinner with friends, a well deserved beer and then shopping the next day. I now have a couple of week and then I'm off again - this time 3 days rotation in a rehab facility and then I took Friday off. My plan is a quiet hotel with a pool, a good book some yarn and sleeping in . Being busy is fun, but I'm more than ready for some downtime.

No comments: