Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 26, 2018

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY

Actually, it's not my birthday yet. But I was thinking about it since it will be my birthday soon and I'm having an early celebration by staying in Shippensburg in a hotel with a pool (which I've already been in, thank you for asking) and then will be hitting my favorite out of town yarn shop tomorrow.  I know some people will say they aren't celebrating after a certain age but as far as I'm concerned I'm on the higher end of the birthday scale so I'll be celebrating whatever ones I have left. So, when birthdays hit around our house the one thing we always laugh about is Maureen, a customer David had in WV - Jackson will also start laughing if you you shriek It's My Birthday because.....

Maureen was one of the ones that decided she didn't want to pay David after he was done with the job. She was happy with the work, she had accepted the estimate (which he came in under) but she just preferred not to pay him. First we started off with complaining - the thing she complained about David pointed out he had actually done for free, it was added on and he had not charged for it so it would be hard for him to not get paid for something he didn't charge for. Then we did the Avoiding thing. Not answering the phone, not responding to bills, David went over there and it was excuse after excuse. Sigh. So, one night after dinner David called her - I think she had told him she was going to pay him and then was convieniently not home again. So she answers and we were not sure if she was drunk or what but she started screaming into the phone

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!IT'S MY BIRTHDAY! ITS MY BIIIRRTHHDAAAYYY...... David put the phone on speaker and placed it on the coffee table. David, Jackson and I sat there in stunned silence while this woman carried on for a good five minutes about it being her birthday, David trying to speak just escalated it. I have to say that was one of the wierdest things that I've experienced, finally one of us laughed and she stopped. "who was that?" she demanded and then must've realized she was on speaker, said a bad word and hung up on us. We laughed so hard! So from then on screaming ITS MY BIRTHDAY is what David still yells if he doesn't want to do something and of course if it IS your birthday........

No comments: