Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 15, 2018

Should I Stay Or Should I Go

I probably get asked once or twice a month if we're going to stay here. Usually it's when I'm talking about the house David is renovating or griping about what every part of my home remains unfinished, people will ask questions and then always say, "so, are you going to stay there?". I honestly cannot answer that now. We were going to stay forever in the last house and we were so serious we actually painted the walls colors other than light yellow and beige (FYI if you're selling your house light nondescript colors are recommended). But then the prices shot sky high so the For Sale sign magically appeared and we hit the road again. We had already bought this place for WAY more than we usually pay for anything so I think we were halfassed ready to skedaddle anyhow, we just needed that little push. 

If you ask me which house I wish I HAD stayed in it would either be the first house we bought in WV or the one in MaidsvilleWV. The first house on Arbogast Lane was the coolest one we've ever owned, 3 story modern with balconies on every floor and a river rock floor on the second story. We had rocks in the yard that were easily 10 feet tall and I have to say that was one of the most fun places we have ever lived.  The one in Maidsville - that was more of an emotional favorite. We were happy there, Jackson was home, Pearl was alive, people visited all the time to that house. David and Jackson hunted the game lands with their trusty dog, my job was still good and we spent most weekends either romping around the 6 acres, playing in the pool or hanging out at the bookstore. We sold it after Jackson left and moved to the Poconos for two years. I cried every week because I missed WV so much, it was an ache that never left. 

When we moved back we found the house in Gerards Fort, close enough to WV to keep the homesickness at bay, near the gamelands and the perfect size. And now we are here - I'm still a little on the fence at times, but overall I love it. We have the 6 acres again for me to explore with the dogs and it's just the right size. Right now I've been grousing because the house is on hold until the flip house is done and on the market. I know! But I can still grouse. As to whether this is it - if you ask me today, it is yes, but who knows down the road a bit. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. 

No comments: