Total Pageviews

Monday, February 7, 2005

Peering Into The Future

David and I have been having an ongoing discussion for the past month as to what we're going to be doing in the next few years. This isn't a bad place to be and has quite a few things going for it(cows for instance!), but it's not really where we want to spend the rest of our days. Of course the problem is it's a big country and no matter how well you investigate, there's always some unexpected drawbacks and bonuses - not to mention flat out lucking out. So I think we will be moving on - eventually being the key word - since we have two moves under our belt already the next one will be much better planned than the latter! And we need to stay here for Jackson, although he's not terribly happy here, he doesn't want to have to start over again. We're leaning toward the Carolinas and might possibly be looking for a two family home. I think Ray would consider moving with us and if we can work it out, that would be best. I would hate to be too far away from him and I think we would worry too much about him with all that distance. My job has been going suspiciously well as of late, after all that's happened in the past year I have Waiting For The Other Shoe To Drop-itis, but so far so good. I was reading the local paper yesterday and am VERY glad I left Moses Taylor Hospital when I did - they're having financial problems and thier answer to that is they've frozen vacation accruals for the entire staff up until June -meaning that no one will be earning any vacation time - AND they're upping the amount people have to pay towards thier benefits at the same time. Hmm. I don't think that's a good strategy during a nursing shortage, but who am I to say? I took some more pictures of the finished room upstairs, it came out really well, didn't it? We've decided to furnish it as a den-sort of room since we already have a guest room and will put a day bed or futon in there once we find something we like and is cheap. Other than that, it's been very warm lately, it was 60 degrees yesterday and everyone was running around in just shirts and some people were even wearing shorts! Of course the snow is becoming a sloppy mess but that seems to be all over. Today is supposed to be in the 40's to 50's so I'll be putting Claw out. She hasn't ventured out since that thing tried to eat her, but you know what they say about getting back on that horse! Of course since she bit me this morning I might give her a little BBQ sauce massage before she goes out........

No comments: