Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 5, 2005

What Goes On When We Are Out

I'm on my 3rd day of working shifts, off one night and then back on again. I guess the honeymoon is over! The temps are up today, I haven't been outside but can hear the ice dripping off the side of the house. David has gone out and neglected to wake Jackson so he and I got up around the same time - I have a feeling we went to bed the same time also. David's been busy rearranging all the furniture while I was asleep, he completed the room he built upstairs and been busy furnishing it with the overflow furniture around the house. Since I don't have much to say today I thought I would do a recipe.

                                         Greek Picnic Pie

1 sliced medium zucchini, 1 sliced onion

3 tbsp olive oil, 2/3 cup Egg Beaters

1 cup cooked rice, any kind, 1 premade pie shell defrosted

1 box frozen spinich, cooked, and drained VERY WELL

3/4 cup feta cheese, 2/3 cup parmesean cheese

Saute zucchini and onion in olive oil, set to the side. Mix spinich, feta cheese, parmasean cheese, egg beaters together. Spread rice out on bottom, add the spinich mixture next and top with zucchini and onion mixture. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes to an hour and serve hot or cold.

Actually, this recipe involved yogurt, eggplant (eewww!!)and a few other things but I've adjusted it over the years. You can also add bell peppers.

No comments: