Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Ghosts Of Christmas Present


I've never put the Halloween ghosts away, I don't know why but I just like them too much. So I decided that instead of packing them away I would just change them up a bit, like those geese people have on their front porches. You know, the ones that you can buy Easter outfits, St Patricks, etc - why not ghosts? So I went to AC Moores and bought Santa hats and bows - I think they came out pretty good, don't you? David and I left out early this morning to buy most of the Thanksgiving dinner stuff, I'm glad we got there before ten - when we left the lines were snaking back, kids crying,etc. We went to the new Giant on 611 - it's a bit out of the way but it's new so it's fun to shop there. Pearl was a bit spiteful today and got into the grapes - she flung them all over the house stinking dog. We also had a group of turkeys come up the drive, they're way bigger than you think they are, especially since unlike their freezer dept contemporaries they still have their heads and feathers. Pearl didn't like them much but had great fun chasing them up the trees. They can fly a bit, but they're not very good at it. We have the guest room almost prepared - strangely enough the lower level wasn't as bad with the cat pee, it was mainly in the carpet so with that gone so is the smell. We're leaving the lower end til spring but really, the paneling down here is real wood, not plastic and I think with a bit of polish it just might be keep able. It just goes with the stone wall and the dark dark trim - maybe because I was raised in the 70s (which is when this house was decorated) is why it feels so comforting and homey down here. David has my ellipse set up down here so I can finally exercise, but I have to tell you, I weighed myself for the first time in 3 weeks - and I've lost 4 pounds! I'm down to 142 which I suppose is OK, my GP told me my weight should ideally be between 145 and 148 given my height and body type (he also wrote it down, circled it and showed it to me twice since at that point I believe he felt my diet was going a little too well.....) life is strange. We're having David's brother and his wife Grace for the holidays, they will be the first official guests of the Cat Pee House - and yes, the Hostess is laying in wait.

No comments: