Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Daylight Savings Time

Pearl woke me up a little after 5 this morning, she's not very subtle when she wants out. She lays directly on top, whuffing in your face and whining in your ear. I coughed, wheezed and groaned, but she was not buying what I was selling so I got up and found my shoes. Even though the clock in the bedroom said 5, the clock in the kitchen read 4 am - I peered at it rather intently but it still said the same thing, even when I looked away quickly and then looked back. Then I remembered it was one of those clocks that resets itself automatically (I've caught it doing that on occasion - it's very unnerving) and that we are now officially on Daylight Savings Time. It's almost winter my friends. We'll be in the Cat Pee House soon, David figures another couple of weeks. Of course he has to get the phone, Internet and cable up and rolling - I REFUSE to go through that again. You know, every once in awhile I read about those people that get rid of the TV, the phone, the computer, etc and they talk about how "freeing" it is - they're either on drugs or flat out lying. It is NOT freeing or relaxing, it's like being trapped on Gilligan's Island with no relief in sight. We had that experience here - stupid Verizon took a full month to get out here, thank goodness Direct TV got out here sooner than that or I would have chewed a leg off. You feel like you have no idea what's going on, you can't write to anyone, it sucks and the cell phone reception in this area is not dependable enough to only have cell phones. I'm posting the last pictures of the shawl, it was packed and mailed yesterday - I restarted the sock on a smaller size DPN and it can now be used by normal people. At least it was just a sock and nothing big. It seems like half my projects end up being restarted at some point, a lot of it has to do with the fact that I never do a gauge swatch - which most likely would take much less time that re knitting things. But since I knit all the time I think I'll skip the gauge swatch and continue to take my chances, we all have to get our cheap thrills somewhere.

No comments: