Total Pageviews

Monday, September 7, 2009

Happy Labor Day!

It is Labor Day, isn't it? I get that one and Memorial Day mixed up since they both give you a Monday off. Of course in my world if I get a day off I pay for it later on. I scheduled a staff meeting tomorrow but am questioning the wisdom of that as we will all be running hard for the rest of the week playing catch up. None of the patients that were supposed to come home did this weekend which means we'll have to squeeze them in too. I finished the socks as you can see and started on my next project which is a shawl. I have another shawl pattern waiting in the wings but is it VERY complicated and even a bit frightening - I need to be a little bit braver to attempt it. David has been breaking up the front walkway for the past week, it's one of the last things he'll be doing to the house and then we stop. Cement walkways have a tendency to shift and buckle over the years and this one is just dangerous. It also has 3 little steps which are rather awkward so they have been removed too and will be replaced with larger steps made out of gravel and railroad ties. David did that on one of our other houses and the good thing is if it shifts a bit you can shift it back. Pearl finds this all Very Exciting and has been supervising the entire operation. I'm not sure what we're doing today, the skies seem rather overcast this morning so I think we might be in for a bit of rain. We spoke to Ray last night and he's planning on coming out next weekend - he didn't want to get stuck in traffic this weekend.

No comments: