Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 5, 2012

My Eyes!

 I had a list of Things To Do yesterday, get my oil changed, haircut, eye exam, grocery store of course. We didn't get to the oil change but I can do that during the week. I did get a BOFFO haircut, I took a picture with me this time of what I wanted. You can buy haircut magazines and page through at home you know - then just take the page with you. It's easier than trying to describe it, trust me.  I've found if I don't take a picture I tend to come home with a bowl cut.  I had an appointment with the eye doctor who's office is in the mall - hooray for that I might add - and it went well. He asked why I thought I needed glasses and I told him quite sadly that I am Old And Stuff now so I seem to having a lot of trouble reading lately. So we did determine two things. I do need glasses and I have a prescription - and that there was something else possibly wrong with my eyes and I am being scheduled for more in depth eye testing. There is a possibility I might be in the early stages of glaucoma which I do not find amusing at all. No sir, not at all. However, it was a big maybe and he said if you catch this stuff early it is VERY  treatable. Since I have a tendency to skirt the edges of medical mayhem I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. My entire life I've been poked and prodded, cat scanned, sonogrammed and bone scanned for a variety of things I look like I have, but don't. I have had a total of 3 operations to remove a variety of tumors and calcification, all benign. My breasts have been more closely examined than Marilyn Monroe's at times due to my family  and personal history and the fact I am a lumpy bumpy thing at times.  I have a lovely three inch scar running down the side of my chest from the removal of calcification, one across my abdomen from the removal of my uterus plus a softball sized tumor, etc - it doesn't bother me because I know how lucky I am all I walked away with was a scar and nothing else. My retirment career plans of being an exotic lap dancer will probably not happen now, but what ever. I can either take up sheep herding or knitting for money.


No comments: