Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 30, 2019

Another Day.

On Tuesday we will be coming up on 3 weeks as Oregonians. Things are a bit better today. The 3 pets are settling in nicely. We had a small issue with Bob - remember how she was ninja-lurking to go outside and then we let her? After that she spent two days hiding upstairs, only coming down to eat, I thought she might be sick but I realized it was nothing more than shock. It must've be quite a surprise to have last been out in Pennsylvania and then the next time you go outside - Surprise - Oregon! I'm pretty sure she was just freaking out, but has gotten over it, this morning  David is clearing out some crap from the crawlspace and she's passed by several times.  The dogs are of course enjoying it, as long as they can go out and nose around, food appears on time and they can snuggle in the bed they could be in China for all they care. There are tons of little garter snakes so that amuses them for hours on end.

I continue to muck out and clean, I was about to change my middle name because everyone that comes near the house I greet them with "Hi, I'm Julia, CanYouSmellCatPee?" but I'm happy to report - NO, you cannot! People get very freaked out by cat pee and yes, it's a beast to get rid of. This woman let up to 22 cats free range pee in this house for over 10 years, but in less than 3 weeks the smell is gone. Is it easy? Nope - I have hand washed all the floors and the lower half of the non-removable walls, David has taken out the lower half of most of the sheet rocked walls and all the baseboards have been torn out, there are areas in this house I've dumped straight Odor-Ban on. What's really effective I've found is Odor-Ban in hot water followed by Mr. Clean in hot water with a high concentration heavily applied and let to dry.

But it's not all work. Kim and Steve were over for breakfast yesterday and then after they left we headed to the local farmer's market. Since we'd done a huge run at the store we didn't buy anything but we certainly will next week. They were having an antique car show so we wandered around there and then I finally got to go to the yarn shop. It's only open for 5 hours a week, but the owner Nancy gives you her cell number and if you need anything she just comes down and opens the shop for you. That makes sense given how small the town is. Today we're heading out to the Astoria market later, first I'm tackling the large crap pile in the yard. If you need dirty Christmas decorations, let me know and I'll send them out right away. I have a job interview next week for a job I probably don't want but it doesn't hurt to look. We are exploring an island with Kim and Steve on Saturday and then on Sunday I'm helping Kim with some of her cleaning jobs just to get started. It is a bit anxiety producing figuring out what I'm going to do, when I was at the bank I realized that for the first time since I was 11 years old - I'm unemployed!! But I am enjoying it. 

No comments: