Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 6, 2019

Welcome To The Sh*tshow

So that picture sums up how the day went. The first company that was supposed to transport my car bailed on us so we got company #2. Now, he was supposed to pick up the car yesterday morning so David drove me to work  and at some point he called to say he would be there at 5, he was in traffic, behind etc... since these guys drive long distance you can understand it. During all of this we are packing like lunatics, throwing out stuff continuously (where on earth did it all come from??), and cleaning as we go along. The dogs and the cat are pacing, they can feel something is coming down the pike that they most likely won't like. So 5 pm comes and goes, we don't want to be pests but at 6:30 David calls  and he is still 80 miles away. He assures David he will be at our house by 10:30. If you know us you know we are up by 4am so 10:30 is like trial by fire for David. So I set the alarm for him and he gets up - 10:30 comes and goes.....he finally calls at 11 and is told that this guy is now going to pull over, sleep and will be at our house first thing in the morning. Why yes, it does get worse, thank you for asking. The next morning more of the same, at 7 tells us 8, at 8 it's now 9....at this point David has to drive to Uniontown to return the cable stuff since he waited all day yesterday for this guy. We had planned on leaving by 8, 9 at the latest. SO 9:10 and since I'm in charge this shit is getting real and I am pissed - I call the guy and now it's 9:30, 10 - I don't think so. I call the broker 4 times and text her - steamrolling. Then the owner of the trucking company calls - he's unaware it was not picked up yesterday, GPSs the guy, the guy and David arrive at the same time. Why yes, it does get worse, thank you for asking. At this point we are very behind, we don't get out of there til noon and as I walk out to the van I notice MY CAR on the side of the road - I take a picture and send it to the broker, then notice the car hauler is at my neighbors house, there's cars all over the place AND the state troopers - cluster fuck doesn't even begin to cover it. I take another picture and text that, but we are leaving - we have nonrefundable reservations and at this point we will be rolling in after 7, not great since we're already exhausted. In order to finish this up - the guy decided to rearrange the cars so he took them all off, then went to turn the car hauler and tore up my neighbor's yard and got stuck blocking traffic - someone called the cops. The owner of the company was freaking out and calling me because his driver was mysteriously not answering his phone. My neighbor called me while we were on the road to let me know that he finally got the truck straightened out with the help of a wrecker that was called, and he left at 2pm which is 23 hours past the original time given. We are at a motel in Elkhart Indiana for the night, I found an Econolodge that will take 3 pets - not the greatest but it's just for the night. One day down!



No comments: