Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 19, 2019

By The Sea, By The Sea, By The Wonderful Sea

So, as I've said 100 million million times I'm now living by one of my dearest and bestest friends in the world. We've known each other since I was 14 and she was 12 - never lost touch through countless moves, life changes. I cannot think of a week that has gone by in the past in the past 54 years that we have not written, spoken, texted with each other. We survived some of the worst times in our lives together and I've always said if it had not been for the deep friendship of Kim, Liz and Richard I have no idea where I'd be now. The four of us have always had each other's backs, we were each other's safe harbors when the seas grew too rough. Even after she moved away there were times when things were so bad I would just sit on the phone and sob -and she would just listen, you cannot be a better friend than that. I always knew we'd find our ways back to each other and here it is years later we are back together.  Kim and Stephen have been over here quite a bit, they looked at it before we bought it, came over and changed the locks when we did buy it, they both helped swamp out the worst of it, housed David for a week while he was moving stuff, helped move stuff. And now we are here!

I had not been to Kim's house so on Tuesday I set out - it's a little over an hour, very do-able. Kim lives in a seaside resort town, it's very very pretty and a bit touristy, but so cool. They live in a neighborhood which I don't think I would do well in, Molly and Reuben would have us thrown out in a week. Kim's house is so perfect, I should have taken pictures (and I will), she has two gigantic cats and one teeny dog that you've met. We went downtown Seaside and she took me to the ocean first, the sand is powdery, not like the grainy sand of Long Island. It was a bit overcast and chilly but not bad. We walked out to the shoreline and I took way too many pictures of seagulls like I'd never seen one before. We strolled around town, poking in souvenir shops and clothing stores where all the hats and shirts had Seaside printed on them.  We ate lunch at a brewery, the one thing about Oregon is is it awash in beer! We had fried pickles and I had one of those new Beyond Beef burgers - no, it did not make me think I was eating meat but yes it was very good.

After lunch we went to the museum, then back to Kim's and she followed me to the tire repair as I had a slow leak. We dropped my car off so we could do some shopping next door at Fred Myers which is sort of like a cross between Target and Wal Mart. They finished my car at the same time we finished which was great and even greater was no charge!! I headed back home after that, we are going there on Sunday and we are planning on continuing with Sunday dinners because that is what old friends do. 


No comments: