Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 15, 2019

The Wheels of Progress Turn Slowly

So today was a stressful day in which we accomplished things. First of all we did get new phones the other day from Verizon along with a Jet Pack - do you know what that is? We didn't! It's a little thing that runs on cell service - but you can hook up to 15 devices on it! We got the unlimited data plan and as of this morning, the TV, the tablets, the Roku and all the Alexa devices are up and running - it's like coming back to the land of the living. Of course we still have the issue with the Viasat and we will probably have to eat the termination fee of close to $500. Yes, I know it's expensive but it will be much cheaper than trying to keep it - I figured we would run through the 12 GB in around 6 days and then be SOL for the rest of the month, not much we can do about it but move on. I was back to scrubbing today, the cat pee smells goes but then comes creeping back when the chemical smells masking it fade - but it is way better than it's been - there's areas that must've been worse than others. 

Now that we're past the major hurdles of it I can concentrate on things. This morning I grabbed the Murphy's Oil soap for the bathroom - it's not just the pee, it's the cobwebs, the dead bugs, the general gnarly layer of schmutz pervading every surface. I continuously dump and refill my bucket, when I can't see my bright yellow gloves in the water I change it - there's no point in smearing the filth back on.Every room I've done so far I have emptied my bucket about 8 times and the water is black.  I use microfiber clothes - I have a stack of them and when they get yucky I just toss them in the wash  for reuse - works much better than paper towels do and there's no waste. We've been here for 5 days and have barely touched the paper towels. When I got done with the bathroom even I was impressed, it must've looked like that when it  was new, it just shines. David is planning on pulling out the large vanity - it's not practical, takes up way too much room and is not in the best of shape. He'll preserve the tiles for Kim and then put a tub in - it will be lovely. 

And very exciting news - I got my car back - FINALLY. I got called at 6:45 this morning saying it would be here around 11, at 11:30 we called and were told he  was almost in Portland, at 2:30 we called again and then...... I had a bit of a meltdown. Ok, I had a volcanic eruption in which I did not say a lot of bad words - to my credit - but I was asked to stop calling everyone  a liar. I did not yell, cry or raise my voice but I just kept on going back to the fact that the car had been promised today, followed by liar,liar liar. Then I was told I would  be called back, an hour passed so I texted my (liar)broker to let them know that if I did not get my car TODAY I would be renting a car, they would be footing the bill and I would also be contacting the Better Business Bureau first thing Monday and names would be named. About 2 minutes later I got a call from one of the senior members who now was willing to work with me and at 7 pm my car magically appeared in Clatskanie. Being a cold hearted bitch has it's advantages along with not yelling - the one thing I've learned from being in home care for years is the first one who yells loses It gives the other party the opportunity to announce you're crazy and unreasonable - you lose! But not today my friend, not today. Winner winner, chicken dinner!!

No comments: