Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Ready, Set,......What Did I Forget Now?

So, we are getting ready to get going, tomorrow we have to finish up, again. It seems like everyday we forget something or something happens, or doesn't happen...arrgh. We're currently waiting for the car transporter as we're planning(hoping) to ship my Subaru. The first one we had contracted with 123Transport apparently couldn't do it so they took the professional road and just simply stopped emailing and answering their phone when no one showed up here yesterday. That was ALOT of fun, let me tell you. So we found another company who is hopefully on his way after getting stuck in traffic. David forgot we also have to return the cable equipment and get that shut off, I cleaned out the fridge and freezer forgetting we had not had dinner yet.....no ketchup for you. It has just been a scramble for the past week. 

But it has not been all bad - my biopsy from my thyroid came back benign and I just need to follow it up in about 6 months. I had my last day at work today, I worked a half day to get everything tied up, finish cleaning out my desk, giving Carrie my List Of Crimes That Prevent You From Being Hired In Pennsylvania, the state that hold stealing library books on the same level as Involuntary Deviant Sex, who knew!. We had Mexican food and chocolate cake in the conference room followed by everyone thinking they needed a nap. It was hard saying good bye - I've been with Bayada for a total of 7 years and they've all been good, it's hard to find a company that you can say that about these days, isn't it?

I have our first 3 days of traveling mapped out - I got overambitious having us driving 12 hours the first day but since we're leaving a bit early I added another hotel in so it will be two 7 hour days followed by a 10 hour day depending on how everyone is feeling. We don't have a set time we need to be there and I think the pets will tolerate it better if we don't try to kill ourselves getting there. This is both awesome and scary at once, we can't wait but we are dreading getting started all at once. It will be fine once we get on the road, it's just getting on the road to start. 

No comments: