Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 23, 2019

Hide And Seek

So things continue on the downslide - perfectly normal. We spend a great deal of our day searching for things that are anywhere but where we're looking. We have conversations that go like
"We need to buy hangers"
"We have a whole bunch of hangers, we don't need to buy any"
"Where are they?"
**Crickets**
I've been going crazy looking for my new Namaste bag I bought right before we left - I didn't have time to transfer my stuff so I packed it - somewhere-assuming I'd find it when we got here. Nope. Not yet. And since it was packed right before we left it could be anywhere. When you first start packing  you're a GoodyTwoShoes, carefully wrapping each thing, labeling each bin. I can see the ones I did at the beginning  - Kitchen, Mixer, Bowls. But then time starts growing short and then it's a bit more vague, Living room, Bathroom Stuff.

And then you hit Phase 3 where you're completely out of time and it's a free for all. You just wildly fling anything in a bin and hastily scrawled are things such as Important Stuff, My Stuff, Coats and Stuff.....and you can't even guess at it. The box labeled Important Stuff contained a pillow Kim made for me, two stuffed animals, old Bayada badges, a shirt, bottle of wine, etc...you get the idea. I have found things I do need, I did come across some hangers, I found my knife set, some clothes I needed - but no pocketbook. I actually have a bin marked Pocketbook and they are all in there, but that one.  I'll eventually find it, most likely when I stop looking for it.  But it's very annoying!  David continues to work on the house, he bought a 40,000 pound jack to jack up the middle of the house, some disgruntled tenant we believe purposefully removed a few of the house supports and yes, people do that. Sometimes they do worse. David once toured a house with a medical bracelet hammered into the wall and "I'LL KILL THE PERSON THAT BUYS THE HOUSE" - I love when people put cutesy sayings on the wall, don't you?



In other news I did let Bob-a-roo out this morning and she just putzed around the yard having a ball. I would love to keep her in but she is very focused on going out and has managed to escape many times, it's a losing battle. If we let her out just in the morning for now I can at least control it, she does make a few halfhearted attempts to get out , but is content to stay in for the afternoon snoozing on David's pillow.  Molly has become an issue, the farm down the road has something that goes off every 15 minutes or so during the day, it sounds like a pneumatic nail gun. David thinks it's to scare birds off their crops but Molly hates it and tries to run off. She is out on a leash now until she gets over it, but it's very annoying. We are going to Kim and Steve' s for dinner tonight and then next week it's my turn, see you later!

No comments: