Total Pageviews

Friday, December 5, 2008

All Is Quiet On The Eastern Front.

Ah yes, winter arrives. And leaves. And arrives again and then leaves. Again. I finally bought a winter coat with a hood, my red coat is too big and the wool overcoat needs to be relined and of course some stranger is enjoying my leather coat so I went and bought a new one. It's ok. I heard from Jackson - he probably won't be home for awhile, he still hasn't finished his studies and hasn't recieved any orders so we are no longer looking to see him on the 10th. I'm calling him this weekend as that leave a problem as to where to send his christmas and birthday gifts. On the other side Adam is thinking he may be able to come home after all but has no definates yet - it doesn't matter to me as I'm on call randomly so I can't go anywhere anyhow. I'm doing Christmas cards this weekend, I can't believe it will be here in less that three weeks, can you? I have to root through all of our decorations to what we have, I think we have enough not to look like Jehovah Witnesses and the rest I'll pick up on clearance after the holidays. Why pay full price when I can get 75% off in a month and store it for next year? David is finishing up a job in the Hideout which I think he's glad as it was a basement and that is a bit nippy this time of year. He and Pearl attempted to hunt and all I have to say is it's no West Virginia around here! David went to the state land and said it looked like it had been napalmed - they actually LOGGED the game land!
As you can see all is quiet on the eastern front, winter is indeed settling in and the snow is flying this morning. I'm not on call this weekend but my car is back in the shop AGAIN that stupid tire is still leaking, it gets tiresome as we have to pick it up by noon and that pretty much shoots the whole day. Bah. Humbug.

No comments: