Total Pageviews

Friday, December 19, 2008

I had to leave work early today, I finished my three visits and called the office and they said just to head back home. We're expecting about a foot of snow and I'm on call tonight - whoopee is all I have to say. The drive home was awful, I have to get new windshield wipers as my filled up with ice as fast as I could remove it so I had to pull over repeatedly just so I could see out the windshield. We're having a Christmas party at work on Tuesday - I'm making an apple pie - I'm tempted to try something new and exciting but A) this is Pennsylvania, not Easthampton and B) your first time out of the box it's best to stick with what you know works than to be crying at 10 pm with something flat, stinky and unfixable. If nothing else, age has taught me that. We're almost ready for Christmas, Adam has decided he'll be coming home on Greyhound so we're back and forth with him. I love him dearly but he'll always pick the ticket that lands him in the bad part of town at midnight (80 miles away) and then not understand why you're so upset. It took me awhile to get over the flight he booked in a city 4 hours away from where we were living - at SIX AM THE DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS. Didn't think that one through I guess. Jackson will definately not be home for Christmas and we can't send him anything because he'll ship out before anything arrives there. That sucks - I wish he could have come home but Im sure he does too. When I talk to him he sounds fine, he's bored but he's made some friends to hang around with which I'm glad about. We had wanted Ray to come out, but with this large amount of snow I know that isn't going to happen so I had David mail his present out today - I know he waits for it and I would hate for it not to be there for him. We can't do too much for Christmas as I'm oncall the day before and the day after, but we will be going to my mom's the Saturday after and then leaving Sunday morning. It will literally be just dinner at Mom's but it'll be enough for now.
Vincent is not happy with the current surroundings, since he's FROM here you would think he'd be acclimated and all of that, but no, he is not. Do you like his crabby face? He went out for about 17 seconds and then I made him sit there for an additional 6 so I could take his picture - some days it's a good thing he doesn't speak english. One of the bright spots today is I found an asian market - they have bodegas here but no asian places, or so I thought. I just caught the sign as I was going down South Main and I had a little time. It's hilarious how they're all the same where ever I go - fish in buckets, suspicious refrigeration, things piled and bare bones decorating - but the prices were good and I found everything I missed so much - whoo hoo. And the owner happily pointed out everything I needed - they had taro root, baby bok choy, the works.

I'm of course still working on my sweater, I have about 10 more rows and the back is done. It seems to be taking a long time but it's a lot of cabling - I enjoy it so I'm not complaining. I'm still exercising, I'm a pound off what I'm supposed to weigh, ten off what I'd like to weigh. Since I didn't gain it in a week I suppose I won't lose it in a week and I'm trying not to weigh myself more than 2 or 3 times a week. I find when I weigh myself I either get discouraged if I gain even a pound and if I lose I think I can eat what I want which leads to being discouraged. I have to work a little again tomorrow - the nurse oncall is swamped so I volunteered to do my own patient. I'm not crazy about doing it but if you don't help out, you don't get helped.


I have to run out to my car and get some paperwork, eeww - I parked near the road so I won't have to dig that far. Our driveway here is pretty small compared to WV, there's a benefit. David is busy tiling the kitchen floor and will be doing near the front door, the carpet stays until Summer I think. It's obnoxious, but not hurting anything. But I'm glad to say good bye to the carpet in the kitchen - it was astro-turf green and stained all over with pulled threads just to give it that je nois se quoi effect - it certainly set off the banged up oven. Sigh. Pearl is whining to go out again, I swear she's part husky - we go out and she eats the snow, rolls in it, snuffles it, and you have to make her come back in.



No comments: