Total Pageviews

Friday, January 14, 2011

My Left Foot

I had my MRI this morning, I had to run because I thought it was at 9:30 and it was not.  I did OK, I'm very claustrophobic and although the MRI was only up to my waist, I still had a couple panic attacks. I was laying there with my foot taped to a cage, covered with a couple blankets (it was very cold) with headphones playing Johnny Mathis and other early 60's hits, unable to move for over an hour. If having to listen to The Lettermen and their ilk for an endless amount of time won't make you run screaming down the street, nothing will. After  the test I got a call from Adam his bus would be in around 12 so I headed home. David wasn't  home so I called him and that would be when he admitted he had snuck to the garage to have a timing belt put on the Honda. You know, the one we are saving so much money on. The one with the rust removed, dents banged out, a computer diagnostic test, a full paint job and now a new timing belt. I went to pick up Adam and got another call from David as the garage was running late and that would maybe be why he admitted going there in the first place as he needed a ride home.  Hmm. David got home in time to go to work, Adam and I noodled around  then went to see the movie The Green Hornet - I'm not much on chick flicks but I LOVE a good explosion and lots of bullets. We went to the little movie theater down the road from us, it boasts 7 theaters!! and it does indeed have 7, all the size of a living room. The concession stand is staffed by high school students that love to chat and if you have to go to the bathroom during the show you need to duck or your big head will be in the middle of screen. It seemed like all the patrons were used to it as no one complained.  But it was clean and not overly expensive ($14 for two tickets) so I would go again. Pearl is busy hostessing Adam at the moment and he is liking it to a point. But that's OK - as long as the Hostess is happy, that's what matters, isn't it?

2 comments:

Donna. W said...

Now you see, if you were a believer like me, you wouldn't have panic attacks because you'd be saying the 23rd Psalm over and over and you'd lose all your worries. Or not. Oh well, it works for me.

Sinéad said...

I totally know what you mean about the panic attacks, I'd be the very same. Hope everything went ok and all is well.