Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 20, 2009

On The Rack

Yep, it's finally finished - it actually didn't take that much time given it's size. It's probably a little over sized, while you're knitting a shawl it tends to look much smaller than it actually is as it's all scrunched up. Once you soak it and block it, stretching it as tight as it will go and then some, it takes on magnificent proportions. The yarn is called Caribbean, a bit on the bright side but I really liked it. There were 3 holes that needed repair but given the amount of mesh panels there are that is not bad in the over all scheme of things, so I quick grabbed a crochet hook and did the repairs after I got it all blocked out, now it just sits and dries for a few days, then it's off to it's new home. David is off to LI this morning, I will be holding down the fort for the next few days. We figured while I was on vacation would be a good time for him to go as we wouldn't have to worry about the dog and honestly, I don't know about you, but I get a lot more done when I have the place to myself. We're pretty much caught up, there's still a mountain of wash to do, things to put away, the usual Post Vacation stuff. The dog needs a bath, we did the food shopping, oil change, etc. I'm sure work will come too soon but I plan on getting some stuff done that I've been putting off for awhile. And I started a pair of socks too.



No comments: