Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The People Under The Stairs.......

.........is what we've become lately. We have a huge deck that runs around the upper floor so underneath  is the only dry spot in town. I have a chair pushed up against the back wall so I have somewhere to sit.  We go out in the morning, I sit and read with a tiny book light, Pearl snuffles around for chipmunks and Vincent hops around while Claw hisses and growls at him. It's not great, but it's the only chance we get to go outside with all the rain lately. The sun came out for a couple of SECONDS - I was in the office so I missed it - and then the clouds moved back in and the rain commenced. Again.  The rest of the yard is just a big murky mess - David rented a big wood chipper the other day and spent two days chipping all the stuff he's chopped down, it really did take two days. We now are the proud owners of a 5 foot high pile of mulch but it's better than the 15 foot high brush pile that was overwhelming the driveway. I finished the pumpkin hat as you can see, I added the leaf and I think that made it a little niftier. I made it for a co-worker's new baby and I'm making another one for a friend. I've had a lot of time to knit - my plantar fachitis has hit all time high, I've iced, heating pad, stayed off it, rolled a ball back and forth with it, nothing helps - the other night it was actually throbbing. I have an appointment with the foot doctor tomorrow so hopefully I can get it fixed as I'm going to the Promenade shops with friends in a couple of weeks and it would be nice to be able to walk without feeling like I'm walking on a knife blade.

No comments: