Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Well. That Was Interesting.

My foot continues to hurt, nothing has helped. Ice, heat, up down, off on, nothing. I've bought better shoes, used the inserts, stopped hiking.  There is nothing worse than an injury that won't go away - well, maybe being snatched bald by an angry ex-girlfriend would be worse, but not much. So I finally bit the bullet and went back to the podiatrist. I was avoiding him like the plague for obvious reasons  -  S-H-O-T.  He is concerned, I am concerned - it should be better. So he gave me a shot right in the BOTTOM OF MY FOOT IN MY HEEL.  A deep, 5 minute long injection as they have to "fan" it out into the tendon. No, you don't want to know. No really you don't. I didn't even want to know. Ouch. Ouch. Ouch. I now have a spiffy band aid - the doctor said it will take a day or so for the pain to decrease - from the shot but hopefully it will get better. The other alternative is physical therapy. I have to admit the reason I don't want to do physical therapy is, well, hmm. I'm lazy. I don't want to spend the time at physical therapy when I can be using my time in a much more productive way like on Facebook or cruising by the yarn shot ogling the latest wool. I would have to see if my policy covered it and how much the co-pay was and I'd rather be calling Knitpicks and ordering stuff. A copay is money out the window, Knitpicks is a yarn swift that is Forever. I've been told Motrin, elevation, ice heat and stay off it for a couple of weeks.  I will try. Not being able to hike or even do our morning walk has been hard on Pearl - she's used to a lot of activity and me sitting in a chair all morning and reading is not computing for her. She keeps trotting over to my chair hopefully and then quietly waiting. I feel bad for her until she starts whining and then I want to smack her. I want to but I don't as that would be pointless anyhow -she'd just whine more.  I just tell her Be Quiet. Then I tell her I Said Be Quiet. She is a pest.  The hunting season has come just in time, even though it's not every day it gets her out and gets her some exercise at least.  She and David have gotten a few birds, they aren't used to this area so David has gone to a couple different places trying them out. Since he's working most of the weekend it's nice he has a few days during the week when it's less crowded. I'm deciding on my next project - I did one more hat and have half a sock left for the latest pair but I don't know what I'm knitting next. I have some yarn I'm going to skein tonight as I have a project in mind - we'll see. Since I'm staying off my feet for a few weeks I suppose I have time.

No comments: