Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween Of Course!

Happy Halloween -  I hope everyone has something fun planned. Since I'm not actually a big Trick or Treat fan it's not a big thing on my end. We have plans to go to a friend's house for dinner tonight, I'll leave a bowl of candy on the steps just in case. We had a trick or treat at work on Friday - that was a busy day. We had the staff meeting first thing in the morning, then a going away party for 3 staff members - the office is splitting and one of my co-workers is going to another office. Then after that everyone got their costumes on for the afternoon - Doris and I were Fred and Barney which was fun. At the moment I'm sitting with my feet up - I was told to keep off that foot as much as possible for the next couple of weeks at least and have a return appointment on the 11th. The shot worked, but yesterday afternoon it started hurting again - not as much but it's disappointing. So I'm trying to be careful and stretching it a few times a day. I've been watching Halloween movies of course and have started a new knitting project. I haven't made a shawl lately and there is one on the internet that I downloaded and kept. It's the Revontuli Shawl (that's Finnish for "Northern Lights")and you can find the pattern on Ravelry. I do love that website but it's a bit overwhelming if you're looking for something to knit - you put in "shawl" or "socks" and thousands upon thousands of patterns come spilling out - it took me a few times to figure out how to narrow down my search but once you get the hang of it, it's a great place for free patterns. You would think with all the free stuff I could stop buying knitting books - but those I love to sit with and page through with a cup of coffee. My collection is huge at this point, I especially am taken with sock books for some reason.  I stopped buying cookbooks though a few years ago - first of all with all that knitting who has time to cook and second of all, I've found for every cookbook I've ever bought there will be 2 or 3 recipes I'll use and the rest of the book is useless. For that the internet is perfect because I find a good recipe and just   print it out without having to buy something I won't use.

No comments: