Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 2, 2006

Thursday Already

Not that it matters too much to me, I'm on call this weekend and lately we've been getting called alot. I've been busy discharging patients this week, my cases seem to run in cycles, I'll get a bunch and then discharge them all at once. Yesterday was my half day and I had planned on taking Pearl to the river but it decided to rain all day so that was out. Pearl was really bad yesterday too - everytime we went out she ran through the house destroying things and made a big mess all over. She's been pretty good lately - just taking items out and leaving them in the livingroom but yesterday even when we went out for an hour she went to town. David and I went to the supermarket to get a few things, I wanted to buy some brown sugar. Now, did you know that Splenda makes a substitute brown sugar? It said half the sugar, half the carbs, etc... So I compared the two. Regular has 15 calories per teaspoon, 4 grams of sugar. Splenda has 10 calories and 2 grams. Then I looked closer and it said per HALF a teaspoon. Which means the substitute not only has the same amount of sugar in it, it somehow manages to have more calories. Which goes to show you should always read the label. That's what gets me is how these "low calorie" products are just lower volume. Egg Beaters is 30 calories per serving, but thier serving is only a quarter of a cup. I'm sure if I measured an egg out it would come to more than that so how can that be a full serving?

No comments: