Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

The Day After...........

....is never pretty. You've eaten too much, the house is a mess and it's back to work for most of us poor slobs. I wasn't even able to go walking this morning as we're back to rain and wind. Yesterday it poured buckets as I predicted it would (for the record The Crack Weather Team predicted snow flurries, haha), but then it suddenly cleared up and warmed up. So I took the dogs out so they could chase sticks and so forth. We did eat Christmas dinner in as I threatened we would and it was a lot more fun than we thought it would be. We had candles and everything, then we did dessert (cheesecake) in front of the fire downstairs. Now of course I have to get started with Jackson's birthday (the 28th) followed by Adam's arrival (the 30th), but I'll be on vacation after Adam gets here. We're going to Janet's for a weekend, hopefully the weather will hold. David has to rent a hotel room, Adam has booked a flight that arrives at 1:30 am and David is not much for driving around in the dark - I would rather they spend the extra money and be safe. Adam will be arriving home for New Year's Eve, what a great way to start the year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pearl likes sticks too?  Sadie LIVES to chase sticks!

Anonymous said...

My Duchess (Springer Spaniel) likes to chase sticks too (but will not fetch a ball for anything)!  Yes, the house is a bit of a mess (no where to put things until I reorganize)  and I'm eating a plate of veggies for lunch to make up for the fattening things I ate yesterday and for all the leftovers I will be having for dinner but I am taking the day off to just bask in "Christmas glow".  No shopping, no wrapping, no cooking, no planning, no pressure, no housework.    Priceless!