Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Guess Who's 17 Today!

Can you believe it, one more year and I will have two adult children! We took him out to look for his birthday present last night, but since he couldn't think of much for Christmas, he could think of less for his birthday. He does want a new trench coat but we couldn't find one, so when we go to my sister's he can get one there. Other than that it's money again. We'll be taking him out to dinner and then home for cake - it's a bit harder this year too with Adam due home in a couple of days, it's all we can think about! I try not to get too excited as until he's here anything can happen, but it's hard not to. He called us the other morning which was nice, he and the girlfriend are back on AGAIN, I just ignore the whole thing until I hear one thing or another. I've got two more days of work to go before I'm off, today I'm being sent out to Bridgeport so there'll be no walking .Yesterday I was able to get out of here early and got in an hour. Now that I've taken most of the weight off that I want to, maintaining it really is the hard part. I lost a bit extra before the holidays as I knew I was going to gain a few pounds (I like to think of it as "buffer weight") so it's not a huge tragedy but I wish it was as easy to lose it as it is to gain it. But since I'll be off for a couple of weeks I'll be able to walk and perhaps take Pearl The Destroyer with me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree, maintaining IS the hardest part.  Cliff and I are back on track too, and trying to lose a bit more.  I do well with New Years' Resolutions, so it shouldn't be too hard.