Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

From Russia With Love

Yes, my set of hand painted russian knitting needles from Maine came yesterday - and they are very cool. They are from Russia, but are distributed by Peece Fleece in  Maine so it didn't take so long to get here. I have another order into KnitPicks and then I'm done for now. Well of course that excludes Clearance Bins and Anything I See That I Want. I'm still slaving away on that blanket but making good progress - it's still VERY hard to take a decent picture of and really get the detail. Anyhoo, Jackson and I saw Iron Man on Sunday afternoon, it was very good - especially if you enjoy explosions and all sorts of running around stuff. There was a 10 year old boy about two rows behind us that was hilarious, he was on the edge of his seat the whole time and he wowed his way through the movie. Jackson was a little annoyed but I reminded him it was the afternoon movie so it was alright to talk a little. When my kids were younger that was one of the reasons I took them in the afternoon, because it's less crowded and they can make a little noise without annoying anyone. The other reason was I worked nights and it was a good way to spend time with the kids without having to exert any energy. I still prefer the afternoons, it's so much less crowded and you can go shopping afterwards. We didn't this time as Jackson just wanted to go home.  Jackson is really starting to stress out with school ending and the ultimate end of his relationship with his girlfriend, leaving home for the navy- it's alot  to handle all at once. I think it's starting to sink in that this is it - the end of his childhood and the beginning of being on his own. As much as it's exciting it's also very overwhelming - and not only for him.

No comments: