Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Is It Sunday Already?





I've spent the weekend just being sick with this Stupid Cold - I've got a charming hacking cough and a runny nose. My vaporizor has become one of my most cherished possessions and my big activities for the entire weekend was a trip to Wegmans. Yi Pee. Next weekend will be my first on call day - I'm filling in for another nurse but it will be a nice test run for me - although if it doesn't work out I'm not sure what the alternative would be. I'm also considering getting my hair cut at some point, that's always a dicey thing for me. The problem with having very thin hair is you can't do alot with it or make it look thicker. It's fine if I can find a hairdresser that can work within these parameters but every once in awhile I run into an Optimist and I'm the one that suffers. My favorite was the one that had pink and purple unicorns decorating her station and dotted her i's with little hearts. She insisted that she could make my hair look thicker and I, out of morbid curiosity, let her give it a go. I left there with a helmet of hair, my bangs sticking straight up in the air due to the huge amount of hairspray, gel and mousse that had been carefully incorperated. When I got home David was in the kitchen - I asked him how I looked. He peered at me for a moment and then said "you look like you've been scared very badly" - it took 3 shampoos and scrubbing to get all of that crap out of my hair. I figure I have another month's grace of using the little scissors in the bathroom before I have to go and get it cut for real - wish me luck.

No comments: