Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Well, Happy Thanksgiving everyone, it will be a quiet one this year. We've never been ones for tradition however, so it's pretty par for the course. I spoke with the boys, they're both spending it with friends and pizzas - I think I would like that too!


The weather is very cold here, there's snow on the ground - but the wind has died and the sun is out so it's not bad at all. Vincent remains a spectator, if you drive by my house you'll see him sitting in the front window doing the house cat thing for now. He makes a much better house cat than he did a stray - he wasn't good at the stray thing at all and will freely admit it. I am alternately knitting and working, I start on call next week - they do it a bit differently here as you do days oncall as opposed to a straight week. I was a bit disconcerted at first, but I'll give it a go before I have an opinion. I think it might be more managable and certainly less stressful! David got his hunting license a couple of weeks ago but has yet to go, he's a little unsure of where and how - if Ray doesn't come out this weekend I think he'll go look and see what's what. His friend Tommy called from WV this morning, he's been his taking his Vizsla hunting where David used to go all the time. I'm sure the game lands here are just as good. We have started slowly looking for a car, mine is still running, but it's getting close to the 200,000 mile mark. David found some deals on EBay - but I think we'll poke around here first - there's such a potential for disaster and the couple he's looked into seem a bit too good to be true. I just get nervous, I need to see it first and even though you can undo it if the car isn't what you want, let's face it, it's not like shipping a sweater back. And we did get our phone fixed so we are accepting phone calls. When I called Tuesday around 1:45 David reported the service guy had JUST gotten there - I said I thought they'd promised to be at our house between 9 am and noon. David started laughing - he said it took them three days to get here, would you like me to run outside and piss him off now?? - hmm, that would be a No.


No comments: