Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Help me I'm Melting

I'm sure everyone is aware how hot it is. We of course didn't realize how hot it would get here at the house. We've lived in the mountains, on the shore, etc - but we've never had a house in the woods. It gets insanely hot - the yard at times is unbearable. When I go into town it's not quite so bad but here in the woods it all seems to generate the heat. We'd decided not to do anything about the air until we saw if we really needed it but of course with it being summer, a heat wave and our usual lack of planning and foresight, all the stores are out of air conditioners. The few that have them are making a killing. It's not as bad as I'm making it out to be - we do have an air conditioner in the bedroom so whoever gets home first puts it on and shuts the door tight. Vincent the cat is on to us - he quickie eats his dinner and then plasters himself against the door to be let in, he parks himself square in the middle of the bed purring like a loon. That cat is no fool. I've been out seeing patients lately due to staff vacations, the stretch between the car and the patient is a quick trot, the sun just beats down. I found out the other day that I will not be able to start my new job until my position at the visit office is filled - I was upset as that was not what I was initially told. It's not a huge problem but you know how it is when you get something in your head and you count on it. I'll adjust, I always do. I'm 2/3 of the way through the baby hat I'm making and it's coming out well - it has tie so you can adjust the size to fit which I like. Babies grow so fast it gives the hat a little more use. David has been busy between work and the house, he put a screen door on the atrium which helps a great deal letting the heat out. It's an older one and has no venting windows so when the sun hits it it really heats up. The door has reduced the heat in there a lot which makes the house a little less hot. A little.

No comments: