Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 22, 2004

All Things Considered, I'd Rather Be In Scranton

I think it's W.C. Fields tombstone that claims he would rather be in Pittsburgh, but I'm nowhere near Pittsburgh and having seen it once, well,  there are many places I would rather be than that. Scranton is one of them. Jackson and I went  today when the traffic was lighter to get a good look around . We parked and walked for a bit, did a tiny bit in the mall and of course I took pictures. The buildings are old - we saw a cornerstone from 1930 on one. But they're beautifully maintained as you can see from the pictures I posted. It's pretty clean, but we didn't go too far today. Although it's a small city I was told at the hospital there are some bad sections and we all know how I can find the only place I should not be. We decided to get back in the car and drive around, but the road we took went out to 81 so I started heading back. I took Jackson up to see his new school and he liked it, it's small, the high school has 700 kids 9th through 12th. We did pass by a few cow pastures but I'm still not brave enough, plus I had Mr.Wise Guy riding shot gun making cow comments. Such a Smartie Pants. David's been painting all day, his new color is Something Grey and it looks great on the trim with the reddish color we have going. We're trying to decide if we should go with another color or just repaint the color it is. We had cake and coffee over at the neighbor's house last night which was very sweet of them. They're in thier 70's I think and are snowbirds - it seems there's a population here that does 6 months here and 6 in Florida. Nice if you can afford it. I can't. As you can see, another exciting day in our lives.

No comments: