Total Pageviews

Friday, August 13, 2004

How I Like My Men - On Thier Knees And Cleaning

We're finally seeing the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel, about 90% of the boxes are unpacked and objects have found homes, I found the last box of kitchen stuff, all 3 sets of doors are in. We had yet another heat guy come and he will be doing the new system. He's charging $4400 ($2000 less than Mr. Estimate and his friend Senor CrabbyPants.) It's more than I wanted to pay, but the price also includes central air and a dehumidifier which we are definately going to need. I've heard from the hospital I was not too crazy about and nothing from the one I was. Par for the course. David's put off his return trip to WV until Monday, the rains were so heavy last night and this morning with flash flooding warning all over we figured he'd been better off waiting til Monday. We discovered the reason for all the mold and rot next to the fireplace under the paneling David had pulled off to put in the doors in. He'd  sheet rocked after replacing the damaged area that  we scrubbed with bleach and let air dry, but when the rains were at thier heaviest we noticed the sheet rock was getting wet. When I looked out the door it turned out the gutter was clogged and the effect was the same as someone  holding a fire hose at full blast shooting into the chimney chase. So inbetween deluges David went out and mucked out the gutter, problem solved. We're currently trying to figure out how to keep some of the hunting lodge appeal while brightening and updating. This house and the one in WV had gold chain lamps, the dark wood, etc. I don't know why we're so attracted to 70's style houses, we always end up having to redo it.. Who knows, maybe deep down, I still want to be Marsha. (Marsha Marsha Marsha!)

No comments: