Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentine's Day

Aside from the fact the temp is in the 20's, I have to work late, I have a cold  - it is Valentine's Day. David and I will be celebrating it tomorrow when I'm off (sort of - I've got one job to do). David took Jackson uptown to buy roses for Becky, the ones he could afford were pretty sorry - David said he would've been embarrassed to let him buy them, so he kicked in and Jackson has some very pretty roses to give. He's bringing the whole dozen to school so she can show them off and he will look like The Best Boyfriend You Can Have. We were having trouble with AOL again today, I'm hoping this isnt' going to blow up into anything expensive. We've noticed lately that someone is trying to log on with our old screen names which makes me think that when we had that virus someone was able to obtain them and is now trying to use them a few weeks later when they think we won't notice. But this morning when I tried to log on, my AOL said it couldn't find the modem, even after I shut down and did a restart. It seems to have resolved itself, it's probably just one of those occasional glitches but I guess we'll have to keep an eye on it.I heard from Adam the other day - his stint in the US Navy has been extended by a year and he will of course be spending it in Japan. I'm glad he got it as he's been working hard and will now be in with the firemen, but I'm a little sad for me as it means one more year that we can't see him. It's hard to believe he's been gone since he was 18.  I've been coughing and so forth all morning, that stinks of course. Not enough to call off, but enough to make me crabby. I did sleep well last night though, I fell asleep at 8:30 and didn't wake up until 4:30 with Vincent bumping noses with me and purring like an engine. It's a thinly veiled ruse to get us to feed him earlier but I like it! The temps are supposed to get up into the 50's - and maybe 60's - by Thursday and then drop back to the 30's for the weekend. It's pretty annoying because you spend most of your free time putting on and pulling off various outfits. Oh well, Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: