Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 11, 2006

The Places You'll Go, The People You'll See...

I think one of the things I like about this journal is I can keep track of all the towns I've been in since starting my job - some of them are no more than a field and a fence on some backwood road, others go on forever. (Granville for instance meanders all over the place and no one can quite figure out where it ends). Yesterday I was in both Pa and WV which made for a long day, I was exhausted by the time I walked in the door after 6pm. I'm on call this weekend and could've done the last job today, but the weather is predicting a huge snowstorm off and on - they've been very wishy-washy about it. They've predicted everything from a dusting to a foot so I guess they feel they're bases are covered. The Crack Weather team's new approach is to predict EVERY possibility which keeps them from being wrong all the time. So I figured I'd play it safe and tack it on to the end of the day, but I drove from one end to the other - the last job was about 100 miles round trip - more than I'd planned on. But it's extra money - puppy money!! We got the contract yesterday and will be sending it off on Monday, we are getting a girl dog this time and we've decided on the name Pearl. I've read every one of the Robert Parker Spenser novels and I love that dog in them so the puppy will be named after the dog in the books. We've figured out the logistics of  where the puppy will be sleeping and kept during the time we're out - we're pretty excited about it. I'm not sure how the rest of the zoo will feel, I think everyone but Claw will be ok with it. Claw isn't even ok with US, so that's not a big news flash. Jackson is going to a dance tonight, it's a charity event and Becky's parents are taking them. Because they'll be getting back so late he'll stay over there and then we pick him up in the morning. Since Becky's dad is the chief of University Police, I'm not overly concerned about him staying put.

No comments: