Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 5, 2006

Look Out Below

I tried to get a good picture of the "falling rock zone" to give an idea of how big the rocks are - it's hard to tell  but the rock is about the same size as my car. As you can see it slants downward in a threatening way - now explain to me what good that sign is. The only thing I can think of is if the rock does fall, some representative from the D.O.T. comes along, sticks his head in what's left of your car window, says " I told you so" and leaves. Other than that you're on your own. In other news David is much better, he finally went to the doctor and was diagnosed with bronchitis and put on a week of antibiotics. We got to sleep through the whole night last night, even Miss Pee-body stayed asleep. I finished the Viking Hat which I gave to a co-worker for his 3 year old son. Bet you didn't even know I was working on a viking hat! I'm experiencing "sweater avoidance" as that blue sweater will never be done at the rate I'm going - especially with all the hats I've been making. The viking hat was turned out to be not so fun - I made it with real wool so I could try my hand at felting. According to the book it was easy - you get a little bowl of water as hot as you can stand it, mush the project around and voila! Felted! Hmm. Needless to say I was feeling a bit taken for a ride-ish last night after agitating the stinkin' thing for half an hour and it swelled to the size of a small poodle skirt. After shrieking for the fates to take me and being a bit dramatic, I amped up the water a bit by BOILING IT, used a wooden spoon to agitate until the steam stopped rolling across the top, then threw the whole mess in the washing machine for awhile using more hot water and an old mesh bag I found. After an hour OR SO the frigging thing finally resembled the hat in the book. Voila my ass. This morning it looked great and I sewed it together even though it was still wet - and probably will be for the next week. There will be no more felting for me!

No comments: