Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 13, 2006

The Song Remains The Same

Well, things got worse yesterday before they got better. Charger was better when I left for work -he ate and was even running around a bit. When I got home at noon he seemed to be ok - I made an appt at the vet's for 6 pm when they could squeeze me in and even though he seemed to be ok was not cancelling it. I've discovered in the past if you do that whatever you made the appt for will return with a vengence - around 3 am. He and Pearl went into the kitchen to eat and I'm sure she must've jumped on him. He was screaming, if it's possible for a dog to do that and came flailing out of the kitchen, he couldn't stop. The only thing I could do was sit and hold him until whatever it was subsided. I told Pearl to stop which wasn't necessary - she wouldn't go near him with a ten foot pole after that. He didn't do too much moving around until we got to the vet - everyone that walked by kept telling me how well behaved he was and in reality he was too scared to move. He has a pinched nerve in his neck. I was glad it wasn't worse than that, but he's on a muscle relaxant and painkiller and I was told to keep Pearl from playing with him. That is not a problem because if you are a dog and on muscle relaxant and painkillers, the Cossacks could come in and dance on your head and you wouldn't care in the least.

No comments: