Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 8, 2006

Arrgh! It's Monday Again!

When I got up this morning I couldn't access our AOL, no matter how I tried. I'm currently running another virus scan - since yesterday it was the Kodak file that was misbehaving and now it's the AOL today. It could just be a coincidence or it could be Ground Hog Day for me, like the movie and I'll be forced to repeat Monday over and over until I get it right. This could take awhile. Pearl has been a special pest since yesterday, her new thing is to follow me around whining and no, there's nothing wrong with her as the whining mysteriously stops if you take her outside to play or give her half of whatever you're eating. It's frustrating because if you wave a newspaper at her and yell, she just hides under the coffee table and commences her Whining Activities from there. I'm still working on the baby blanket and have the first part done, but given the size of the needles (#3's) this could take awhile.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sadie has this tiny, squeak of a whine any time she wants ANYTHING.  So you have to decide whether she needs to potty, or whether maybe she wants to play frisbee.  It could be anything.  She is perfectly housebroken, has only had one accident (because I ignored her squeaking).  So if she's doing that tiny, squeaky whine and hasn't pooped or peed in awhile, we try that.  If she just won't settle down for anything, I put her on her tie-out chain.  Sometimes, if I've tried everything, I get the fly swatter in hand and tell her "settle".  And she does.  (I've only swatted her a couple of times with the fly swatter, lightly... but she respects it.)