Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Letters To Home

Remember I said  Adam had climbed Mt Fuji? Well, this morning he sent a whole bunch of pictures - he looks so good, doesn't he? I miss him dreadfully sometimes, but I'm glad he's safe and having the occasional good time. He's been down in the dumps lately, he re-upped but I think the reality of what he had done kicked in all at once and he was looking at five more years from the wrong end. But he seems to be on the upswing and hopefully will stay there. I really wish he had come home, it's so hard with him so far away, but it's what he wants to do with his life. Work continues to be busy, but settling down a bit with the occasional miscommunication here and there. Jackson is getting back into the school semester, his Aunt Janet ordered the longed for messenger bag and Jackson very nicely told me that "we" would only have to pay half. I have a sneaking suspicion that the "we" is the one with the checkbook. He put in again for McDonalds and hopefully they'll hire him, he's getting very discouraged but somehow I think it has less to do with him and more to do with lack of a car. He's enjoying the metal shop so far and we have to shop for school supplies this weekend. Ray has been making noise about coming out for the Buckwheat Festival at the end of the month so that will be a lot of fun! I was out swimming in the pool today, I haven't been in for a couple of days due to the weather and it won't be long now til it's time to close up shop.

No comments: