Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Time Keeps On Slipping

Things are moving along rapidly in some ways. Jackson and David met with the navy recruiters yesterday - Jackson signed the inital paperwork allowing them to peek into his life, making sure he hasn't participated in any bank heists or is missing a limb. He took the practice test and scored quite high on it so he was very pleased with himself, they were gone for most of the afternoon. Adam from what we understand will be leaving back into the navy at the end of March and then for the first time since we've been married, it will be just the two of us.From the day we were married, we had a full house for years. Family and friends were a constant  - and then Aunt Karen passed away, the boys were older but Amy was only 11.  The bus dropped her off at our house after school and the whole crew was there on the weekends - it was a crowd but we had so much fun. Amy even joined us for our first anniversary, she was there while we were discussing it and got so upset when she realized she wasn't included. David and I dropped her off at home and then turned around and got her - so the three of us had a romantic dinner at Dora's. After the kids stopped coming to our house I got pregnant with Adam and from then on we were a group again. So this is a bit daunting, I'm glad we're not going anywhere right now, as much as I'm looking foward to Jackson living his own life I know it's going to be stressful and sad. I think we'll need time to get past that before we can make any rational decisions and it is going to be hard to decide. I have to admit we have VERY different ideas on what is the ideal place to live. I would love to move deeper into the midwest, if I won the lottery tomorrow my butt would be on Tablerock lake on the Missouri side or riding the plains of Montana. David on the other hand would not be doing either one of those things so I think we do need some time to really sit and think about this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's tough for a while....having the house alone.  But then old age strikes and you know you don't ever want have extra people  living permanently in your house again.   I just love your pictures.  They make me want to get out into the countryside and just walk.