Total Pageviews

Monday, May 23, 2005

Good Bye

This is the very hardest part of moving, leaving Ray. The past year he's become more of a part of our family then ever, we see him just about every other weekend now and holidays. This was our last weekend for all of us to be together, we did our usual stuff - restaurants, shopping. Yesterday David bullied him into buying a new jacket from Burlington and they bought matching berets - I have no idea where they're going with that. But there's an underlying sadness to this, unless he moves to WV we'll maybe see him once a year - or less. David already has plans to add a second story to the garage for an apartment for him and he's coming back to fix up Ray's house in Jersey - Ray is actually thinking about selling it which I hope he does. He doesn't say anything but he's had periods of quiet this weekend, he and David are off to thier usual Monday morning breakfast out before he heads back - I know he's planning on visiting here a couple more times before David goes, but for me this is it. I didn't realize until this morning how very much I'll miss him.

No comments: