Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Running The Border

 I applied to another hospital yesterday - it's in Pennsylvania but we're only ten minutes from the border so it's not much more of a drive than to Morgantown. David and I have been making great use of our GPS - we're discovering a lot of little back roads that hook up with the major routes and highways around here, not to mention shortcuts. We took these pictures of victorian houses near the hospital, and then drove around a bit scoping out the town. We took the truck because my tire was flat and was being repaired. When we got home David decided to attack the tree in the front and enlisted Jackson's help. There were a lot of dead branches and with all the storms we get he thought it would be safer to cut them off before they came through the window one night. Then he went to the gun club for the work day. While he was gone some guy came here trying to sell me meat off the back of his truck. For some reason I'm not overly comfortable buying perishable food items from someone I don't know out of the bed of thier truck. So I said the "V" word and he ran away! We're still filling the pool, we figure it'll take a few more days since we do the majority of it at night. A few tiny frogs have tried to infiltrate but we are forever on the alert and repel them. Speaking of repelling things, someone's been rather active in Virus Land  launching attacks on my computer trying to infiltrate it with W32_SQLEXP_Worm_Propagation which is nothing short of annoying. They've been unsucessful but it gets tiresome after awhile of alert after alert as they tap on various ports and accesses. We've always had to lower our firewall to get online with the Norton and to this day I have no idea how to configure it to work. I make the occasional effort to do so, but that tends to result in me frantically trying to undo whatever it was that I did or just hoping I didn't do more damage than good. I also know where "restore" is, don't you wish life had that program??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GREAT PIC HOPE YOU GET THE PERFECT JOB. I STARTED A NEW JOURNAL JUST FOR FUN AND LAUGHS SO COME ON OVER AND VISIT FOR SOME FUN