Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Is It Spring Yet??

The weather was wonderful today - in the upper 50's and not a cloud in the sky. As much as I love it, I know that when it turns cold it'll feel twice as brutal. This kind of weather makes you want to start getting ready for spring and the summer that follows. Today it was so hard to imagine it's still winter and we have almost two more months to go. Jackson is staying over a friend's house tonight, he was looking foward to it all week. I think one of the things he misses about leaving LI is having friends that are close enough to stay for the night and come over.Slowly but surely he seems to be acquiring his usual small group, I've heard a few names repeated and he's been making some plans here and there. He's had acquaintances, but that's not the same as having a friend to mess around with on Saturday.Speaking of activities, I haven't been to church myself in weeks, we've been so busy lately I just can't seem to get me there. I had to do a visit today since I'm on call - that makes the weekend seem so short. After we dropped Jackson off today we headed out for Sam's Club to catch up on the shopping and had lunch at Cracker Barrel - we've noticed it's much cheaper when we don't bring The Hoover with us. It was a nice afternoon.

No comments: