Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 1, 2006

Happy New Year!

I'm glad I got the resolution nonsense out of the way - made em, broke em, done with em. I didn't stay up, I usually don't and when I woke up this morning it was 2006.  I remember being a kid and calculating with our friends the Palominos how old we would be in the year 2000, when we entered a new century. I was fascinated by the fact that  not only would I be almost 40,  BUT I WOULD STILL BE ALIVE AT THAT ADVANCED AGE. I am a bit disappointed at the way this century is shaping up - there's still no spaceship parked in the driveway, I cannot teleport or be beamed anywhere and those little packets of freeze dried ice cream like the astronauts eat (and they sell at the Smithsonian) are not readily available at my local grocers. The only thing I'm grateful for is not having to run about in a silver lam`ee spacesuit with a big saucer shaped collar. I look silly enough on a daily basis without any help. David has been valiantly attempting to keep our vehicles clean - and he's losing badly. Remember I said we live near the coal mines? Since they're all in full swing the sides of the road are solid black, not to mention they fling cinders all over when it snows or gets icy so our cars are constantly coated. Copper has been acting strange today and we're a little worried. He's just laying around and moving slowly when he gets up. He doesn't look like he's in pain or anything and his legs are all in the right place, so we'll just have to keep an eye on him and if he doesn't improve take him to Dr. Kenney. He gets like this sometime after a seizure but Jackson said he was doing this last night. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

No comments: