Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Baby It's Cold Outside!

The tempeture has remained low, in the 20's - since it rained the other day the grass is frozen and feels wierd to walk on. The other morning I noticed that where I stepped it left a very definate footprint - so with nothing else to do while Pearl did her rounds, I very cheerfully wrote my name out in the grass, very big. When I came home yesterday afternoon my name was still there - I guess since the grass was so frozen I must've broken the blades and it looks rather permanent - oops. David has not noticed as of yet and it should be gone by this spring so I'll try not to lose any sleep over it. Today is the last day of hunting season so they'll be heading off this morning to get thier last licks in. David has taken Jackson every day this week since he's off and they've been having a grand time. I'm on call for the weekend so I can't go too far, I'll just be doing the grocery shopping and pottering around the house this weekend. Tonight they'll be having the Thanksgiving leftovers, we don't have too much though so it won't be an endless march of reheated mashed potatoes and dry turkey. And of course there's Christmas on the horizon, I think we'll be doing gift certificates again this year as mailing becomes rather nightmarish when you're doing in en mass. David will be working on the house after the holidays and we're tentatively planning on him taking about 6 weeks to complete most of the inside work - there's just no other way around it.

No comments: