Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Is It Dark In Here - Or Is It Just Me?

Daylight savings time takes a great deal of getting used to, doesn't it? Since we're up at 4 am we tend to be in bed early too so it take awhile  to stop waking up at 3 am. I'll let you know when it happens, sigh. And you have to be VERY careful to stay perfectly still as Pearl will detect the slightest bit of movement which means Let's Get Up And Start Racing Around to her. I had an easier day today, not too much drama (or driving) and even managed to get all of my paperwork in. I got done a tad early and headed off to Jiffy Lube to get my oil changed as I'm about a thousand miles past due. I called David from there to let him know I'd be home soon and asked what they were doing. He informed me he was just getting ready to put the turkey in. Hmm. I told him that would be impressive if it was Thanksgiving and he was like Well! That explains all the strange looks he got today when he told everyone he had to be home to start the turkey - thank goodness I called or we would've been celebrating twice.  The guy at Jiffy Lube saw I had a CRV which his girlfriend has and that lead to the Picnic Table discussion which everyone with that model has when they meet another owner. My car has the most useless feature in the universe - if you pull up the rug in the way back there's a square cut out looking thing - it's a removable picnic table with expandable legs - no kidding. The reason it's so useless is A) there are no secret chairs to sit on, B) it's under the rug in the back so I would have to dig through a ton of medical supplies to get it out and C) how many people would pull off the side of road, haul out a picnic table and have lunch?? But it's so bizarre everyone that has one likes to talk about it and show it off. It's even better than the billion secret compartments and doors secreted all over (Jackson and Adam used to joke I could be a drug runner in that car). I do admit I love my car. I'm off tomorrow,back on Friday and then on call for a week. Oh well, it had to happen sometime.

No comments: